CBC Radio series – ‘Pride and Prejudice’
A five-part radio series I conceived and produced for CBC Radio as part of a fellowship in July-August 2014.
1. The story of Tannaz: A transgender woman who was brutalized in her native Iran, and still struggles for acceptance here in Canada.
2. Sexual racism: LGBTQ people of colour don’t just face discrimination from their ethnic community – they are also often treated as less desirable by the white gay community.
3. Youth panel: A transgender male born in China, and a lesbian woman from a South Asian Hindu family talk about the cultural pressures they face and their experiences coming out to family.
4. A pyschologist’s perspective: Wallace Wong, a psychologist who works with LGBTQ people of colour, talks about the unique challenges this community faces, and the lack of resources to help them.
5. Introduction: I join the host of CBC’s The Early Edition to give an overview of some of the difficulties faced by LGBTQ people of colour – specifically immigrants.
CBC Vancouver: Tannaz, a transgender refugee from Iran
An audio slideshow I created, telling the story of Tannaz Mehraban, a transgender woman who came to Canada as a refugee from Iran.
Langara Journalism: Cricket in British Columbia
A short news video I shot and edited for my multimedia class.
Langara Journalism: Basketball highlights
A highlight reel of the Langara men’s basketball team’s last regular season game; shot and edited for the Voice website.